The Day of Polonia and the Poles Abroad and The National Polish Flag Day
The Presidential Couple took part in a ceremony to mark the Day of Polonia and the Poles Abroad and The National Polish Flag Day.
‘The Day of Polonia and the Poles Abroad features a very special proximity: on the one hand - a longing, on the other hand - memory, and above all - a great union, something I call the community of Poles around the world, a community of thought, mentality and of perceptions of the world,’ President Andrzej Duda emphasized. The ceremony at the Presidential Palace was also attended by the First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda.
The President presented the acts of granting Polish citizenship to the Jacyniak family - repatriates from Ukraine.
-‘We are delighted that you are here today in the Presidential Palace, we know that, as young people, you went through a very difficult experience: the death of your parents. But the strong bond and love that unites you, as well as the help of many people with great hearts, brought you to Poland, and this way the will of your parents to start a new life here, in the homeland of your ancestors, has been fulfilled’, said the Spouse of the President.
- ‘So far, you have been holders of the Polish Charter; from now on, you are proud citizens of the Republic of Poland. My Dear, welcome home,' she stressed.
Andrzej Duda also presented Polish Flags to representatives of organisations working to support Polonia and the Poles abroad:
- Foundation "Pomoc Polakom na Wschodzie “ [“Aid to Poles in the East"]
- Foundation „Wolnośc i Demokracja” [Freedom and Democracy]
- Association „Wspólnota Polska [„Polish Community”]
- This flag is of great importance, because it must be remembered that it is not just a symbol. That it is the colours, it is the banner for which people were dying - said the President.
The ceremony was also attended by the Head of the Chancellery Grażyna Ignaczak-Bandych and Minister Adam Kwiatkowski.
Also present were the activists from the Union of Poles in Belarus: Iness Todryk-Pisalnik and Andrzej Pisalnik with their son.